Mavaron's Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    2011-09-17

    Memory....


    Not a day goes by I don't feel regret, and not because I'm in here or because you think I should. I look back on myself the way I was...stupid kid who did that terrible crime...wish I could talk sense to him. Tell him how things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone, this old man is all that's left, and I have to live with that. 

    --- Red,  the Shawshank Redemption

    I was reviewing the draft posts just now. Saw an unfinished post written three years ago. I talked about prime numbers and its extension in other scientific areas, based on my reading of the book "The music of the primes" by Marcus du Sautoy.

    I was buried in books right then. Could probably check out 300+ books each year. Once found an interesting book with some positive online reviews, I would rush to the library to check it out. I usually couldn't finish the whole book, but it just took me 2-3 days to finish 30-50% of the book so I could come to a rough conclusion.

    The time's long gone. I can't remember the last time I picked up a book and enjoyed the fun of reading. And do I have to live with that?

    Remember, Red. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
    --- Andy,  the Shawshank Redemption



    没有评论: