Mavaron's Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    2010-05-21

    Will Diablo III be a big disappointment?

    Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo are no doubt the big three for Blizzard. However, the latter two now live in the shadow of WoW since it has become the indisputable profit engine for the game developer. Now, finally, the players are welcoming the sequels, SC II and Diablo III.

    I like SC II though it's definitely not going to replace the old version. The animation is cool and I believe Blizzard is going to keep what has been proved to be the success recipes for old SC. However, I also believe there will be negative things, and the fun from old SC is not upgraded simply by a cooler animation.

    But for Diablo III, what I get is disappointment. I haven't seen anything to be excited about. It has a different story line but that's not enough. Maybe I am a little bit too harsh and honestly, I don't have very concrete ideas about what should be added. But what I can say now is from the trailers, the game does not give me that feeling.

    Anyway, it's good to try. SC and Diablo are classics, and that's not about to change.

    没有评论: